Mediterranean baby bean and lentil salad with lemon, coriander, tahini and evoo. Lots of flavour, minimal effort. I've used organic canned lentils and frozen baby beans.
Jump to Recipe
Canned lentils and frozen baby beans turn flavourful side dish!
Baby bean and lentil salad with tahini, lemon and evoo
Time: 15 Minutes Yield: 4 Servings
Nutrition Facts (coming soon)
500g frozen sliced green baby beans
400g lentils (1 can)
2 tsp cumin
2 lemons, juiced and then quartered
1/4 cup tahini paste
A few sprigs of mint
A handful chopped coriander
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
Radish sprouts/other herbs or micro greens (I've used homegrown radish sprouts)
1. Take the frozen beans out and blanch them for a couple of mins in hot water. Drain and let them cool.
2. Drain the lentils from the can and rinse thoroughly.
3. Mix lentils and cumin in a bowl and season well.
4. In a separate bowl or cup, mix tahini paste, juice of 1 lemon, a splash of water together until combined. Taste and add more lemon or water here until the consistency of the sauce is thin. I prefer this sauce tangy but if you don't, add water. Season the sauce.
5. Mix beans, lentil mixture, coriander, mint, olive oil and remaining lemon juice together until combined. Add tahini sauce and quartered lemons and mix. Add more olive oil here if required.
6. Top with sprouts or lemon wedges and enjoy!